Insurance & Reinsurance.
In a world of new and emerging risks, Meredith Connell’s Insurance and Reinsurance specialists offer advice with a commercial focus backed by international experience.
We have experience with many lines of commercial and personal insurance, offering comprehensive and commercially focused advice. Our clients include leading international and New Zealand insurers as well as private individuals.
As New Zealand’s largest litigation firm, with a depth of day-to-day courtroom experience in New Zealand's highest courts, no one is better prepared to defend and resolve insurance claims or disputes. We confidently handle complex insurance disputes and resolve claims effectively and quickly.
The work we do
We have expertise in advising insurers and reinsurers on:
- casualty losses, including business interruption losses;
- construction based risks, including Contractors All Risks policies;
- cyber liability;
- financial lines claims including Directors and Officers, Professional Indemnity, Bankers’ Blanket Bonds;
- offshore and onshore energy claims, including CAR/EAR claims;
- public liability claims, including health sector defence, health & safety and environmental liability;
- professional risks and indemnity claims in the health sector;
- insurance fraud and investigation;
- global insurance programmes;
- excess layer and reinsurance disputes; and
- insurance and reinsurance regulatory matters.
We retain a panel of technical experts, and draw on the full expertise of Meredith Connell’s Infrastructure & Projects Group in areas including construction and energy, our Environmental Law team (such as pollution and Resource Management Act issues) and our Criminal and Fraud team.
We have experience with many lines of commercial and personal insurance, offering comprehensive and commercially focused advice. Our clients include leading international and New Zealand insurers as well as private clients.
We have expertise in New Zealand's health and safety regulation, having worked for a number of New Zealand government regulators on the prosecution side. We also have unrivalled medico-legal expertise, acting for a number of New Zealand's District Health Boards.
We understand that insurance claims are not just focused on legal outcomes for insurers and insureds, but also require practical advice to mitigate losses. This is the reason we have our own Crisis Management Team which can respond to and manage a crisis.
Our insurance specialists have practised in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Switzerland and maintain strong relationships with reputable firms and experts in key jurisdictions around the world.