Insolvency, Recoveries & Enforcement.
Meredith Connell has one of the largest and most varied specialist Insolvency, Recoveries and Enforcement practices in the country. This diversity gives us an expansive view of the entire insolvency and recoveries field, and means we can offer the most effective and credible tactical and legal advice to clients.
We bring hands on experience and institutional knowledge.
Our lawyers regularly act for liquidators and receivers along with other creditors, including financial institutions and businesses. We have a long history of representing major government institutions including Inland Revenue and the Official Assignee.
THE MOST DIRECT ROUTE
Our lawyers are commercial problem solvers. And without exception they are also litigators. Our team has acted successfully in many of the most important insolvency cases in recent years. Their advice is backed up by practical experience in resolving disputes outside and, when necessary, inside the courtroom.
That makes us more efficient. We take the most direct route to maximising returns for our clients from any insolvency situation. We know what’s realistic and what will achieve results with the least cost and least fuss.
We are experts in receiverships, liquidations, security enforcement, priority disputes, banking litigation and debt recovery. Our work covers a wide range of industry sectors, including residential and commercial property, dairy, construction and asset-based lending.
Our broad experience includes
- Bringing actions for breach of directors’ duties or fiduciary duties
- Recovery of current account debts, shareholder distributions and directors’ salaries
- Setting aside insolvent transactions, those at an undervalue and prejudicial dispositions of property
- Advising liquidators and receivers on the realisation of assets
- Enforcement of securities
- Advising on priority disputes, in particular issues relating to the Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA)
- Advising creditors on potential avenues for recovery
- Advising creditors and acting on restructuring and compromise arrangements
- Debt recovery and enforcement proceedings, including obtaining urgent asset freezing orders; issuing and defending statutory demands
- Filing and pursuing bankruptcy and liquidation proceedings
- Lodging and defending caveats
- Statutory examinations