Prior to joining Meredith Connell, Yvonne practised as a barrister. Yvonne offered material assistance to senior counsel in a range of criminal and civil proceedings, as well as appearing as junior counsel in various District and High Court trials.
Yvonne graduated from a Master of Public and International Law from the University of Melbourne with First Class Honours in 2018. In 2016, she was the Arthur Watts Fellowship intern at the British Institute of International and Comparative Law in London. She was recently awarded an Inner Temple Pegasus Scholarship in 2018 to work with barristers at leading chambers in London.
- Junior counsel (together with David Jones QC) for the first and second respondents in Commissioner of Police v Steven Li (the Assignment4U case).
- Third counsel for Mr Bublitz in the first trial for R v Bublitz (together with Rachael Reed QC and Honor Ford).
- Junior counsel in a civil appeal at the Court of Appeal (with David Bigio QC).
- Various negotiations with overseas public authorities (with Marc Corlett QC).
Master of Public and International Law (First Class Hons), University of Melbourne
LLB/BCom (Finance), University of Auckland
- 2018 Pegasus Scholar, The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple (London)
- 2017 Winner, Young Lawyers’ Auckland Regional Mooting Competition (Auckland)
- 2012 Yvonne Sogno Prizes in Finance
- Member of the Executive Board, New Zealand Human Rights Lawyers Association
- Member of the Diversity Committee, New Zealand Bar Association