Will is a partner in the commercial litigation group, with experience across a wide range of civil and commercial disputes.
He regularly acts in all types of contract, tort and equitable claims. His recent focus has been on property and construction disputes, insolvency and insurance. He also frequently provides commercial legal advice, to avoid or position for potential disputes.
Will is an effective advocate with extensive courtroom experience. He’s also down-to-earth, and gives pragmatic and efficient advice.
Will’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for liquidators in a major directors duties claim currently before the High Court.
- Acting for an industrial manufacturer in a substantial leasing dispute, at arbitration and on appeal.
- Defending two injunction applications against national retailers, in the restraint of trade context.
- Acting for an incorporated society against its former officers and contractors in an equitable fraud claim arising out of a large construction project.
- Acting for the successful plaintiffs in a negligent construction claim, obtaining a $13.5m judgment.
- Defending claims under the Construction Contracts Act, and advising on construction contracts.
- Advising creditors of companies in liquidation, and acting in proceedings against liquidators.
- Acting in general liability and professional indemnity matters, and advising on policy response and interpretation.
LLB (Hons) (first class), Victoria University of Wellington
Current practising certificates in New Zealand and in New South Wales.