Susannah is an experienced litigator who advises public and private sector clients across a range of practice areas including public law, contracts, medico-legal, trust law, property disputes and tort claims. She has appeared for clients in the District Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court as well as a range of tribunals and ADR settings.
Before joining Meredith Connell in 2015, Susannah was a Judge’s Clerk at the Court of Appeal and worked in the Public Law team at Crown Law. She graduated with an LLM from Harvard University in May 2015 and was awarded an Inner Temple Pegasus Scholarship in 2017 to work with barristers at leading chambers in London.
- Acting for public and private sector clients in judicial review proceedings in the High Court.
- Acting in regulatory enforcement proceedings, including prosecuting breaches of the Fair Trading Act 1986.
- Acting for public sector agencies in privacy, human rights and tort claims.
- Advisory work on public law issues, trust law and regulatory enforcement.
- Criminal prosecution work, including representing the Crown or New Zealand Police on appeals to the High Court.
- LLM, Harvard Law School
- LLB (Hons, First Class)/BA, Victoria University of Wellington
- Frank Knox Memorial Fellowship to Harvard University
- Inner Temple Pegasus Scholarship