Siobhan is experienced in all forms of dispute resolution including high court litigation, international arbitration and mediation.
With a strong emphasis on strategic advice and advocacy, Siobhan helps clients navigate complex contentious issues to deliver successful commercial outcomes. She advises clients in a diverse range of industries including financial services, oil and gas, partnerships and LLPs, consumer products and retail, media and entertainment, and the pharmaceutical sector.
Before joining Meredith Connell, Siobhan was a Senior Associate at Herbert Smith Freehills’ Dispute Resolution Division in London, where many of her cases were international in nature. Siobhan’s practice is also complemented by her experience working closely with in-house legal teams following secondments to BP's specialist Dispute Resolution team in London and Associated British Foods Plc.
- Representing a UK oil and gas plc in a high profile LCIA international arbitration concerning its claims for breach of international investment treaty law.
- Advising former Partners in relation to high profile partnership departures at a London City law firm.
- Representing an international offshore drilling company in English High Court proceedings concerning a claim for breach of contract for an alleged success fee.
- Representing a hedge fund in English High Court proceedings concerning claims in relation to the ownership of bespoke trading software.
- Advising on best practices with respect to anti-bribery and corruption policies and procedures, assessing global compliance risks, and carrying out internal investigations.
LLB(Hons) and BA(Conjoint), University of Auckland (graduated with Senior Prize in Law 2008)