Kathleen is a civil litigation partner, providing a range of advisory and advocacy services. She combines first-rate advocacy with practical, commercial business sense. This enables her to provide practical, no-nonsense, to-the-point advice.
Kathleen acts for various government clients and is experienced in assisting them with a wide spectrum of civil litigation, pursuing and defending claims, and regulatory issues. She also acts for a broad range of private commercial clients and private liquidators. Kathleen specialises in all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency, debt recovery, enforcement and trust law. She also works in partnership with professional services firms in advising boards.
As counsel, Kathleen has appeared in the District Court, High Court, and Court of Appeal.
- FAF Holdings Ltd (In Liq) v Bethune  NZHC 2067 (claims for breach of director’s duties).
- Fish Man Ltd (In Liq) v Hadfield  2 NZLR 428 (CA), also  NZAR 1198 (HC) (disclaimed property and constructive trust).
- Commissioner of Inland Revenue v Robertson (2017) 4 NZTR 27-002 (claim to recover funds improperly dealt with by liquidator).
- EBR Holdings Ltd (In Liq) v McLaren Guise Associates Ltd  3 NZLR 589 (strike out of claims on the basis of witness immunity).
- Prescott v Police  NZHC 2701 (application to set aside bankruptcy notice).
- Parker v Official Assignee  NZHC 2871 (objection to discharge from bankruptcy).
- Alpha Box Property Holdings Ltd (In Liq) v Wiekart  NZHC 1257 (claims for breach of director’s duties).
- Paugra Holdings Ltd (In Liq) v Harvestfield Holdings Ltd (2014) 26 NZTC 21-070 (application to support caveatable interest arising by fraud).
- HF Residual Obligations Ltd v Official Assignee  NZCA 656 (voidable preference claim).
LLB/BSc, Victoria University of Wellington
Member of the Auckland District Law Society Trust Law Committee.
Mentor in the Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association mentoring programme.
Author of the chapter on Insolvency Practitioners in Heath & Whale.
Member of Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association of New Zealand Incorporated.