Edmond is from Ngāti Hako, Ngāti Pāoa (Tainui) and Te Whānau-a-Iritekura (Ngāti Porou). He is a solicitor in the Crown Specialist team. Prior to joining Meredith Connell, Edmond interned as part of the TupuToa cohort of 2019 with the Head Office of Te Ara Poutama (Department of Corrections) kei Te-Ūpoko-o-Te-Ika-a-Māui (Wellington) where he both gained and offered insight regarding the rehabilitative efforts and programs in place.
He has been with Meredith Connell since the beginning of 2019 where he has assisted in preparation for criminal proceedings in Te Kōti Matua o Tāmaki (Auckland High Court) and Ngā Kōti-ā-Rohe (District Courts) at Tāmaki (Auckland), Waitakere and Te Raki Paewhenua (Northshore).
He is the current Young Lawyer Representative for the executive of Te Hunga Roia Māori – The Māori Law Society.
He is actively involved in small projects focusing on both the reclaiming and furthering of Mātauranga Māori.
LLB(Hons), Te Whare Wānanga o Waikato
- Presenter and Intellectual Property Panel Speaker: Pacific Law and Culture Conference 2018
- 2019 Guest Speaker on Domestic Violence. Family Law Procedure Paper - Semester B at Te Whare Wānanga o Waikato Waikato University. (Appearance by Telephone)
- 2019 Gala Dinner Speaker and TupuToa Intern with Te Ara Poutama – the Department of Corrections
- Current Young Lawyer Representative Te Hunga Rōia Māori
- 2020 Panel Member at Spark HQ – 21C Skills Lab/Edternships Workshop
- 2020 Invitee at TupuToa Co-creation workshop with Accenture
- Te Reo Irirangi o Ngāti Raukawa – 2020 Guest Interviews (Tikanga and Legal Practice)
- 2020 Matariki Wānanaga – Mātai Whetu Marae
- 2020 Te Whare Tāhuhu Kōrero o Hauraki